2016 Region VIII Championship
April 7-10, 2016
Jekyll Island, GA
The Final Schedule is now available for the 2016 Region 8 Championship.
Final Schedule Link (scroll down and click on the Final Schedule Link)
The 2016 Region VIII Qualification information is now available. This year again we will be utilizing an allotment system to determine the athletes that qualify the the competition. Athletes may only qualify at their respective state championship. Below and also posted to the Region VIII Championship page you find important documents to help understand the qualification procedures and paperwork necessary to register your athletes.
- 2016 Region VIII Qualification Procedures – covers the allotment numbers, petition process, and general meet fees and information
- 2016 Region VIII Club Entry Form – this form must be turned in at your state championship to your state chairman listing all athletes that will be attending the competition.
- The form is an interactive form that you can type all your eligible athletes into and club information and print it. At the conclusion of the state championship simply cross off the athletes who did not qualify to the meet and give to your respective state chairman
- Entry Fee (Must be paid to your respective state chairman at the conclusion of the state championship)
- Level 8-10 JE Athletes – $150.00
- Level 8-10 JO Athletes – $125.00
- Level 5-7 Athletes – $125.00
The host for the 2016 Region VIII Championship is working hard to make this another memorable competition. The website is up and running. Please visit the site to get information regarding hotels, general information, and things to do in Jekyll Island.
Qualification procedures will be posted soon. Athletes may only qualify at their respective state championship for the meet.
2016 Region VIII Championship Allotment Information
Once again it is that time of year that we need to get your gyms number of athletes at each level. This form will serve as BOTH YOUR GYM ALLOTMENT INFORMATION AS WELL AS YOUR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ENTRY FORM. All level 4 – 10 athletes in your club that will be competing at the state championship need to be listed on this form. This information will be used to determine the number of athletes your respective state has at the 2016 Region 8 Championship. The state allotment numbers are determined prior to state championships based on the numbers from the sheets returned to the state chairman NOT the number of athletes at state championship. In addition, the number of Level 8 – 10 athletes will help to determine Region 8 allotment for the 2016 JO National Championship as per the JOPC mandate.
2016 General Club Allotment And State Meet Entry Form
Form Must Be Emailed to your State Chairman no later than Monday, February 1
A gym that does not turn in this form to their state chairman by the required date, will void their athletes opportunity to attend the 2016 Region 8 Championship not their athletes opportunity to attend State Championship. (Late entries will void an athletes opportunity to attend the 2016 Region 8 Championship.)