Once again it is that time of the year that we need to get the number of athletes from your club to determine your state allotment for Region 8 Championship. However, there is a slight change to this year form and the gathering of information. This year the JOPC has mandated that each region send in their number of Level 8-10 gymnast to them by February 5. With this mandate from the JOPC, the Region 8 Board has decided to make a slight adjustment to how we get the number of athletes at each level for each club the following changes to the gather club numbers to not only get our allotmented numbers to the Region 8 Championship, but also ensure we pass along the most accurate numbers to the JOPC.
For this reason, the general allotment form that you send in will also serve as your clubs state meet entry form. Each state chairman will let you know how to handle fees associated with the state championship. This form simple gives them the athletes competing in the meet. By sending in the athletes in your club that will be competing at the state championship, we will have the most accurate numbers possible to determine each states allotment numbers as well as numbers to send in to the JOPC. The forms must be returned to your state chairman no later than January 31st in order to ensure your athletes to be eligible to attend the 2015 Region 8 Championship.
Important Information To Read and Understand Regarding This Form:
- You must USE the form (2015 General Allotment Form / State Meet Entry Form)
- A state allotted number of athletes is based on the total number of athletes turned in our form.
- A gym that does not turn in the form or athletes are not listed on the form by the required date, will void the gyms or specific athletes opportunity to attend the 2015 Region 8 Championship, but they will still be allowed to attend the State Championship.
- All Level 4 – 10 athletes that will be competing at the state championship must be listed on the form. ONLY Level 5-10 will be eligible to attend the Region 8 Championship. The level 4 need to be listed as this also is the state championship entry form.
- If an athlete is unable to compete in states due to an injury, but you plan to petition him to Regionals he MUST be listed on the form
- For Level 8 -10, you will need to indicate whether they will be competing Junior Olympic (JO) or Junior Elite (JE)
- If your club does not return the form or it is not filled out accurately, it will cost your athletes their spot at the 2015 Region 8 Championship
If you have any questions about the form, please email Benji Stern (email@example.com
). We thank you for your prompt attention to returning your form.
We have posted the following information in regards to the Region 8 Clinic and the Region 8 Future Stars / Technical Sequence Evaluation. Make sure to visit the respective pages to get the most up to date information
REGION 8 CLINIC
We have posted the final schedule and gym breakdown for each group. Also, you can find hotel information for the weekend. Links are on the Region 8 Clinic page as well as on the sidebar.
Region 8 Future Stars and Technical Sequence Evaluation SCORES
SCORES FOR THE 2014 FUTURE STARS REGION 8 CHAMPIONSHIP are now posted. A link is under the tab for the Region 8 Future Stars and Technical Sequence Tab
We have posted the final schedule, USAG National Future Stars qualification procedure, all neccessary form that must be completed for those who qualify to the National Future Stars Championship. All the links for the documents can be found on the Region 8 Future Stars and Technical Sequence Evaluation page as well as on the sidebar.
As of Wednesday, September 17, the 2014 Region 8 Clinic registration is now closed. We have filed all spaces in the clinic at this time. If you were not able to get in this year, please make sure to register as soon as the information goes out and is posted to the website as this clinic fills up quickly.
Apollo School of Gymnastics, in Clearwater, Florida was attacked by an arsonist on Saturday, June 28, 2014. Shortly after their Open Gym ended, the fire was intentionally started in the middle of the gym and the smoke and water damage has shut the school down. They are currently operating their summer camp program out of a local church and looking for a temporary facility to reopen the class and team programs.
Their insurance coverage did not cover the loss and any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
The attached flyer has the contact information on where to make a tax deductible donation or contact them directly. Here are the details on how you can help.
SAVE APOLLO FLYER
Follow this link to make a tax deductible donation to help Apollo get back on its feet.
www.gofundme.com/helpapollogymnastics (you can see picture of the damage on this site as well)
To make a donation directly, mail your tax deductible donation to:
Apollo Gymnastics Boosters
P.O. Box 2893
Dunedin, Florida 34697
Stay updated at the Apollo Gymnastics Facebook page or contact the Apollo School of Gymnastics directly at (727) 447-2108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to show your support for this great gymnastics program.
Remember every little bit can help them rebuild from the horrific attack on their business.
The 2014 – 2014 Region 8 Elite Team has been named. We want to congratulate these athletes for this great accomplishment. Please click on the Region 8 Elite Team to find very important information that pertains to this team.
On the Region 8 Elite Team page you find the following information at this time:
- Region 8 Elite Team Member List
- Region 8 Elite Team Camp General Information (June 19-22 in Roswell, GA)
- Region 8 Elite Team Camp Registration Information
We want to congratulate all the gymnast that competed at the 2014 Region 8 Championship. Also, congratulations to the gymnast who have qualified to the 2014 JO National Championship and wish you the best of luck in your training and preparation for the meet.
The following information has been posted under the 2014 Region 8 Championship Tab: