This year there will be two separate Region VIII Championship Meets. The Region VIII Board voted to make this change to allow for the continue growth that we have seen over the past several years. Please click on the appropriate link for the Region VIII Championship Meet.
FINAL SCHEDULE FOR BOTH CHAMPIONSHIP MEETS HAS BEEN POSTED ON THEIR RESPECTIVE CHAMPIONSHIP WEBSITE
Each page contains links to the appropriate competition websites, qualification procedures, and entry forms.
2017 Region VIII Optional Championship
The 2017 Region VIII Optional Championship will take place April 7-9, 2017 for Level 8, 9, 10 and Junior Development gymnasts. The competition will be held at the LakePointe Sporting Complex in Cartersville, GA.
2017 Region VIII Optional
2017 Region VIII Compulsory Championship
The 2017 Region VIII Compulsory Championship will take place April 21-23, 2017 for Level 4 – 7 gymnasts. The competition will be held at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, FL.
2017 Region VIII Compulsory
The 2016 Region VIII Qualification information is now available. This year again we will be utilizing an allotment system to determine the athletes that qualify the the competition. Athletes may only qualify at their respective state championship. Below and also posted to the Region VIII Championship page you find important documents to help understand the qualification procedures and paperwork necessary to register your athletes.
- 2016 Region VIII Club Entry Form – this form must be turned in at your state championship to your state chairman listing all athletes that will be attending the competition.
- The form is an interactive form that you can type all your eligible athletes into and club information and print it. At the conclusion of the state championship simply cross off the athletes who did not qualify to the meet and give to your respective state chairman
2016 REGION VIII CHAMPIONSHIP PAGE
Once again it is that time of the year that we need to get the number of athletes from your club to determine your state allotment for Region 8 Championship. However, there is a slight change to this year form and the gathering of information. This year the JOPC has mandated that each region send in their number of Level 8-10 gymnast to them by February 5. With this mandate from the JOPC, the Region 8 Board has decided to make a slight adjustment to how we get the number of athletes at each level for each club the following changes to the gather club numbers to not only get our allotmented numbers to the Region 8 Championship, but also ensure we pass along the most accurate numbers to the JOPC.
For this reason, the general allotment form that you send in will also serve as your clubs state meet entry form. Each state chairman will let you know how to handle fees associated with the state championship. This form simple gives them the athletes competing in the meet. By sending in the athletes in your club that will be competing at the state championship, we will have the most accurate numbers possible to determine each states allotment numbers as well as numbers to send in to the JOPC. The forms must be returned to your state chairman no later than January 31st in order to ensure your athletes to be eligible to attend the 2015 Region 8 Championship.
Important Information To Read and Understand Regarding This Form:
- You must USE the form (2015 General Allotment Form / State Meet Entry Form)
- A state allotted number of athletes is based on the total number of athletes turned in our form.
- A gym that does not turn in the form or athletes are not listed on the form by the required date, will void the gyms or specific athletes opportunity to attend the 2015 Region 8 Championship, but they will still be allowed to attend the State Championship.
- All Level 4 – 10 athletes that will be competing at the state championship must be listed on the form. ONLY Level 5-10 will be eligible to attend the Region 8 Championship. The level 4 need to be listed as this also is the state championship entry form.
- If an athlete is unable to compete in states due to an injury, but you plan to petition him to Regionals he MUST be listed on the form
- For Level 8 -10, you will need to indicate whether they will be competing Junior Olympic (JO) or Junior Elite (JE)
- If your club does not return the form or it is not filled out accurately, it will cost your athletes their spot at the 2015 Region 8 Championship
If you have any questions about the form, please email Benji Stern (firstname.lastname@example.org
). We thank you for your prompt attention to returning your form.
The 2014 Region 8 Championship will be hosted on April 11 – 13, 2014 by Alabama Starz at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. The website for the championship is now up and running. The site contains general information, hotel information, and other information to help you keep up to date regarding the competition. We have a link to the website below as well as under the 2014 Region 8 Championship tab above.
2014 Region 8 Championship Website
Important Information regarding hotels – we highly encourage you to book your hotel room for the championship as there are 2 other major sporting events taking place in Birmingham that same weekend. Just make sure you look at the hotels cancellation policy prior to booking
Once again it is that time of year that we need to get your gyms number of athletes at each level. This information will be used to determine the number of athletes your respective state has at the 2014 Region 8 Championship. Your respective state allotment numbers are determined prior to state championships based on the numbers from the sheets returned to the state chairman NOT the number of athletes at state championship. In addition, the number of Level 8 – 10 athletes will help to determine Region 8 allotment for the 2014 JO National Championship. The form must be emailed back to your respective state chairman no later than January 24.
A state allotted number of athletes is based on the total number of athletes turned in on these forms NOT the number of athletes registered for state championship. A gym that does not turn in this form to their state chairman by the required date, will void their athletes opportunity to attend the 2013 Region 8 Championship. Entry into state championship does not automatically guarantee them a spot within the state allotted number. All Level 5 – 10 athletes must be listed on the form. If an athlete is not on the form, then they are not eligible to attend 2014 Region 8 Championship. Again, if your club does not return the form or does not fill it out accurately, it will cost your athletes their spot at the 2014 Region 8 Championship.
Return the following form to your respective state chairman no later than Friday, January 24
2014 General Club Allotment Form – Protected